Sunday, June 7, 2009

End of Camp KittyCat

Friday I woke up pooped and the day didn't get much more exciting. I'm not saying a word, Stephen, about little boys who cry and wake up in the night to cry some more. We eventually got a few things done but sometimes days are just like that. Mostly we read our books for fun. Esther is re-reading the Fablehaven series. We read them together when they first came out and now we're doing a bit of both--she reads some and I read to her some. I am glad she still likes me to read to her. I hope that never changes. I'm glad we can bond over books. The Fablehaven story is fun and imaginative. Unfortunately, the writing style is like slogging through a thesaurus. Very obnoxious. I'd like to have a little chat with the author about balancing readability with new vocabulary. I can't complain, however, since he's doing the writing and I'm just a wannabe. OK, rant over. I'm reading the Lymond Chronicles, by Dorothy Dunnett. Another challenge in readability but much better writing.

When Jeff got home, we went out for hamburgers and Esther took her essay winnings to Barnes and Noble for the 4th Fablehaven book, Dragon Sanctuary.

Saturday was a special day. We did no chores at our house. Instead we served breakfast to a few other families in the form of Breakfast Pizza and blueberry muffins! Then we cleaned the church! Esther was a master duster and Jeff and Stephen vacuumed like crazy. I made the bathrooms sparkling clean.

After a NAP, much needed since Jeff was up with Stephen for much of the night and I was still tired from his (Stephen's) escapades the night before, we picked up friend Abby for a hike to Stewart Cascades on the back side of Mt. Timpanogos. It was a fabulous end to our camp. We arrived home dusty, happy, and with more rocks to put in Sarah's garden.

Hooray for Camp KittyCat!


1 comment:

Party of Five said...

Hmmm, well, I can't wait to see you in Montana. Then, I can't wait to see you again in Utah. Much love,
Wendy