Sunday, June 7, 2009

More Meowrific Memories

Esther has been earning lots of beads. Mom too. Chores done, practicing, drinking our water, and then lots of fun.
Tuesday night was an Up! way to end the day. Esther, Dad, and Abby went to the movies.

Wednesday we had a pizza picnic with our friends the Sims. Anna, Jon, Nate, Ben, and Esther splashed in the kiddy pool for hours and played some fun games involving running from a spraying hose. Ah, summer.

Thursday was museum day. After watering the garden and other important summer jobs, we picked up friend Heather to explore the Walter Wick exhibit at the BYU Museum of Art.




I really liked this behind-the-scenes exhibit about the author of "I Spy" books and his photography. I learned about his optical illusions and puzzles created with his camera. The girls enjoyed the sets and props on display and then finding the hidden objects in some of the photos. With Jeff's interest in photography, I think we'll go back another time with him so he can have a look too.

Just because it is fun, fun, fun at Camp KittyCat, Camp Directors sometimes have errands too. The girls watched Stephen while I got some needed printing and laminating done at Cougar Creations. Helpers get thirsty.



We ended our time on campus with a quick visit to the Bean Museum. I really enjoyed sitting on a bench with Stephen learning about efforts to preserve elephant habitat and the comeback of the white rhino. The girls liked the butterflies, deer, bears, and of course, Shasta the Liger.





When we got home, we turned on the sprinklers and it just sort of evolved into a serious water-soccer match. The score was something like 26 (Esther) to 9 (Celina and Stephen). Not pretty. I demand a rematch!

No comments: