Tuesday, March 16, 2010

More Travelogue

Sunday we went to church. It was great to be back and equally great not to be called on to pray for the closing prayer in sacrament meeting again. I visited with Erica Higby, an American who has been here nearly 2 years now. She has three children and they are having a good time living here. Another American family has been here almost 3 years and their kids are doing really well speaking and reading in Dutch. So cool.

Jeff left on Sunday evening to go to Prague. I wished he didn't have to go. Monday morning Esther woke up at 4:30 throwing up. The tiny washer was going non-stop all day. She was only sick for a day, poor girl.

Today we hit the market in Rotterdam with Luci and enjoyed some of my old favorites. We ate sesame rings and dates for lunch. Well, I did. Esther tried a piece of date but it was not her cup of tea.

Stevie is supposed to be napping now and then we'll go to see Esther's friend Eva and then have dinner at the Hoornwegs. That should be nice.

1 comment:

stefinee said...

Your mention of church takes me back to the glorious Sunday at church with you. I get teary when I think about Luci. How come she lives clear across the world from me when I would like her to live close enough to have lots and lots of memories of wonderful times.
Eliza and I bought a headband and I think I have figured out how to crochet one--although the pattern is definitely knitting.
Stefinee